What is Spring Energized Seal
Kaflon Spring energized seal is a type of seal that uses a spring to apply a constant force on a lip or sealing element. The spring provides a constant compression force on the sealing element, which ensures a tight and effective seal between the mating surfaces. The sealing element in a spring energized seal is made from materials such as PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), PEEK (polyetheretherketone), UHMW (ultra-high molecular weight) polyethylene, or other high performance polymers.
Advantages of Kaflon spring energized seals include:
1. High Pressure and Temperature Resistance: Spring energized seals are designed to withstand high pressure and temperature environments. They can maintain their sealing properties in extreme conditions, making them suitable for use in harsh applications.
2. Low Friction: The seals have low friction properties, which makes them ideal for use in applications where there is a significant amount of movement between the sealing surfaces. They can operate smoothly without causing wear and tear on the sealing surfaces.
3. Chemical Resistance: Most spring energized seals are made from materials that are resistant to chemicals and other harsh substances. This makes them suitable for use in applications that involve exposure to chemicals and acids.
4. Versatility: The seals are highly versatile and can be customized to meet specific application requirements. They can be designed to fit into various sealing applications, including rotary, reciprocating, axial, and static.
Applications of Kaflon spring energized seals include:
1. Aerospace and Defense: The seals are widely used in the aerospace and defense industries due to their high-pressure and temperature resistance properties.
2. Medical Industry: Spring-energized seals are used in medical devices and equipment due to their low friction and chemical resistance properties.
3. Oil and Gas Industry: They are used in oil and gas equipment due to their ability to withstand harsh environments and resist chemical attack.
The structure of a spring-energized seal consists of a sealing element and a spring. The sealing element is typically made from PTFE or other high performance polymers, while the spring is made from stainless steel or other alloys. The spring is either a V-spring or a C-spring. The V-shaped spring provides a constant force on the sealing element, while the C-shaped spring provides a positive seal contact.
In conclusion, spring energized seals are versatile, highly effective, and suitable for use in a wide range of applications. They offer high-pressure and temperature resistance, low friction, and chemical resistance, making them ideal for use in harsh environments. The seals’ structure consists of a sealing element and a spring which provides a constant force on the sealing element. The sealing element can be made from different high-performance polymers, while the spring is made from stainless steel or other alloys.
Kaflon Seal always does his best to introduce the most innovative and cost-effective sealing solutions to local customers to help them conquer every difficult sealing problem.Thanks to latest seal-making CNC machine and well-proved worldwide material resource, Kaflon Seal can produce a spring energized seal specifically meeting your requirements very quickly. This would be the best way for our commitment “To provide excellent sealing performance with extended service life by our sincere effort” to all our customers.